As promised in our earlier post here, we have written to the chief executive of St George's hospital as follows. We will of course post an update when we receive a response:
Open letter to Miles Scott
Chief Executive, St George’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
I understand that on Friday (4/12/2015) there was a period in the afternoon where St George’s hospital was unable to accept any patients via the Accident and Emergency department.
On this matter, I have a few questions if I may:
- Can you confirm or deny that this was the case?
- How long was the Accident and Emergency department unable to accept patients on this occasion?
- What was the reason for this situation?
- During the last 24 months:
- How many times has there been a situation where the Accident and Emergency department at your hospital was unable to accept patients
- For each case, how long was this the case,
- For each case, what was the reason?
Please be advised that this letter is considered an “open letter”, and as such will be published accordingly. It has been copied to your FOI department, along with the Sutton Guardian.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
KOSHH (Keep Our St Helier Hospital campaign)